This is a WordPress site with a custom designed and built theme.
Sifr has been used to render the non-standard font used in the headings so that the site can be visually rich without sacrificing any accessibility or making it difficult to update.
A small audio player has been added in to the site so that mp3 files, uploaded by Kate, can be played directly from within the page.
The gallery is managed directly from Kate’s Flickr album.
Design by Adrian Toms at Nine Design.
This is such a weird ad.
Very strangely edited and shot – they are trying so hard to be casual they just don’t seem to know where to look, fleeting making eye contact with the camera, but frequently just looking like a deer in the headlights.
Also, based on the clock on the cooker behind them, this casual 6 minute video took over 2 hours to actually film.
Perhaps this will be really successful in America, but I can’t imagine anyone in the UK arranging and hosting one of these.
Charlie Brooker tweeted about them all devolving in to unseemly behaviour. Unfortunately I read his tweet before watching the video so I don’t know if I would have read disturbing sub-text into the constant mention of the need for activities, equipment and making sure that you have the right devices.
The concept of the bonus activities, and how excited they were about them may keep me awake tonight.
- Researching online documentaries for course at UCF. Video about short men followed by google ad for Richard Hammond. #
I’ve always loved autumn and the feeling of new things happening – new term at school, going back to university and so on.
Today I’m starting planning on re-vamping one of the courses I give at UCF. I’ve got lots of ideas, just trying to pull them all in to some sort of coherent narrative and approach to the whole thing. Time for web-based projects to embrace the cloud.
- nice geek time/date first thing this morning: 09:09:09 09/09/09 #
- No idea what to wear at #twestivalcor tomorrow. The words 'beach' and 'chic' seldom applied to my sartorial efforts #
- @wearebrighter I'm sure there will be plenty of photographic evidence to share any 'interesting' interpretations. in reply to wearebrighter #
- @patroclus good point. Also just realised the shirt I'm wearing today rather resembles a deckchair. in reply to patroclus #
This morning saw another in a line of geek dates, so felt the need to post to mark the occasion.
That is all.
There has been a recent update to the WordPress software, following a security concern. Such is the popularity and power of WordPress for running easy to use websites it has even made it as a front page news story on the Guardian website today.
I’d just like to reassure all Ampersand clients who are currently using WordPress that they have already been updated to the latest version of the software, which is not vulnerable to this alert.